We’re here to serve you as we have been for over a century.
For over a century we’ve proudly served our neighbors, and we strive to continue to do so.
We’ve been a staple in our Kentucky communities since our founding over 175 years ago. Our mission is to help protect our community through comprehensive insurance coverage and superior customer service.
Hoffman’s Insurance Agency was founded in 1847 in Mount Sterling, KY by William Hoffman, J. Miller Hoffman’s great-great-grandfather.
- The oldest policy we have in our archives was counter-signed by William April 10, 1869. The contract insured a barn for $800, hay and grain and farm implements for an additional $425 for a premium of $15.21.
- At some point William’s son, Albert, entered the business with his father. Subsequently, Albert’s son, Jouett Miller Hoffman, Sr. joined the agency around 1910. Later a partner, C. C. “Rusty” O’Rear was brought into the firm.
- Jouett Miller Hoffman, Jr. joined the agency in the mid-1950’s.
- Jouett Miller Hoffman, Sr. died in 1960, leaving Jouett Miller Hoffman, Jr. and Rusty O’Rear as the principals.
- Floyd Jack Ison was brought into the agency as a producer and purchased O’Rear’s 50% interest around 1970. The agency was incorporated at that time to become Hoffman’s Insurance Agency, Inc.
- J. Miller Hoffman came along in 1981 and purchased the interest from his father’s estate after his death in 1988.
In 1993, Hoffman’s Insurance Agency, Inc. merged with our competitor across the courthouse square, L. Greene & Associates, Inc., to form Hoffman, Ison & Greene, Inc.
- In 1997, Ray A. Robertson joined the agency. He purchased Lewis Greene’s interest and Greene entered “semi-retirement.”
- In 2004, Ison “semi-retired” as well and his interest was sold to Robertson and J. Miller Hoffman.
- On January 1, 2005, we finalized the purchase of Carpenter Insurance Agency in Flemingsburg and Thomas-Woodford Company in Paris, KY.
- In 2006, we changed our corporate name to Hoffman-Robertson, Inc.
On January 1, 2008, the merger with the McClure-Hill-Case Agency in Paris was completed. The merger took the form of a new entity named Limestone Agency, LLC. The Thomas-Woodford location was physically merged into the McClure-Hill-Case location and a new name was given to the Paris, KY agency: Woodford-Hill-Thompson.
- Jeff Thompson retired in 2011.
- The Flemingsburg branch was sold in 2014.
Request an Insurance Quote
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Quote
It only takes a minute to get started.
- Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
- Go over your options with an agent.
- Get the coverage you need.